Hull’s Fruit Market district is getting full-on festive this Christmas!
The Christmas season with a Fruit Market twist kicks off on Friday, November 29, with a night of fabulously festive fun.
The Humber Street event fires up at 5pm with a storytelling and saxophone rave by Hull comedy duo Gary & Jeddy Bear, and acapella carols by the Human Jukebox Choir, followed by the lighting up of the Christmas tree at 6pm.
As the lights go on, local artist Anna Bean (AKA Blue Beany) will launch her surreal “Enchanted Wonderland” show, with a mystical meet and greet with characters of the show. The family performance includes music, comedy, dance, party games and prizes and with shows each weekend up to Christmas.
The evening of yuletide festivities also signals the start of late night shopping in the Fruit Market, with Humber Street’s independent traders staying open until 8pm every Friday evening in the run up to Christmas.
The Fruit Market Festive Fairy Trail also begins on the evening of Friday, November 29. Local designer and owner of fashion boutique 19point4, Shaun Barker-Newton, has remastered a collection of Monster High dolls to form a magical fairy trail along Humber Street.
Full dates and times for Fruit Market Christmas events:
- A Festive Fruit Market Christmas opening night – Friday, November 29, starts 5pm.
- Christmas tree lights switch-on – Friday, November 29, 6pm.
- Enchanted Wonderland – Friday, November 29 – Sunday, December 22. Fridays 6pm-8pm, Saturdays 12pm-3pm, Sundays 1pm-3pm. Tickets are available on Eventbrite for £3.50 each (under 2s free).
- Fruit Market Festive Fairy Trail – Starts Friday, November 29.
- Humber Street Late Night Shopping – Friday, November 29, Friday, December 6/13/20.